What Are Lash Extensions?
The Lash Extensions we use at The Girls’ Lounge are synthetic mink, single strands with a tapered tip, designed to replicate the natural lash. Lash Extensions are applied to look as natural or as glamorous as you desire, depending on the strength and health of your natural lash. The lengths of these lash strands vary, as do the thicknesses available. We are specifically and meticulously trained to determine the correct lengths & thicknesses to use on your eyes. This is discussed & assessed before application commences. We can only apply extensions in lengths that your natural lashes tell us they can support.
What Are Volume Lashes?
With traditional lash extensions, we could only safely attach one eyelash extension to each of your single natural lashes. We can only lash on how many natural lashes you have. This can be disappointing if you have not many natural lashes yet desire a thicker look.
Our new 2D - 5D Volume sets now give even natural-lash-challenged clients the option for volume they have never had before! Opting more for volume rather then length.
Volume Lashes is a revolutionary lashing technique where 2 to 5 super fine extensions are applied to one single natural eyelash - SAFELY - creating a look so soft and full it seems to be enhanced with Photoshop!
Whatever your lash look, volume lashes are suitable for everyday wear and a real treat on special occasions such as weddings.
How Do We Apply Them?
Our Lash extensions are glued onto your natural lashes with low irritant medical grade glue, individually, one by one - lash by lash- to your natural lash, never to your skin. They are applied as an extension of your natural lash. As your natural lashes shed, sporadically, they take the extensions with them.
With your new lash growth, more extensions need to be reapplied, hence your need for a refill appointment. The appearance of glue on your lashes should be extremely minimal, if any.
A week ago, I got full naturel set and I feel like I need a touchup … I thought my lashes will last for weeks.
Eyelashes shed everyday, anywhere from 1 to 4 lashes a day. If you were to loose 5 lashes in a few days, it would not really be noticeable from a set of 55 to 75 lashes per eye, but from a set of only 20 lashes it would make a big difference.
If you want your lashes to appear fuller for a longer time, go for our Lush or Volume lash sets.
How long does it last and when should I get a touch up?
Everyone is different, and depending on how well you look after your new lashes determines how long they may last. If you follow the aftercare we recommend for you, you should find your lashes last quite well, with the need for refills every 2 to 3 or so weeks. Typically, natural lashes fall out every 60 - 90 days, taking the extensions with them.
This is why your lash extensions should not be compared to your friend's and vice versa. The variance in care that each of you provide to your own extensions makes a difference; you may be at the 60 day cycle while another may have a 90 day cycle, therefore no need to think "My lashes didn't last as long as my friends".
How should I take care of them?
Now that your lashes are long, thick and beautiful, follow these easy care instructions and they can last indefinitely with regular touch-ups.
To maintain this look and extend the life of your lashes:
* Do not wash eyes or shower and avoid crying, sweat, and steam for 24 hours after lash application.
* Do not swim or spa for 48 hours after lash application to allow adequate time for bonding.
* Be gentle with your lashes.
* Avoid rubbing and pulling your eyelashes.
* Avoid oil-based makeup remover and mascara. .
* Avoid any creams, eye makeup removers, lotions, sunscreens or cleansers containing oils on or near eyelashes.Oils can loosen the bond of lash extensions.
* Care must be taken to apply eye cream sparingly with avoidance of the lash line area.
* Do NOT use an eyelash curler on your extensions.
* Extend Your Lashes recommends touch-up appointments every 2-3 weeks, to fill in the areas where the lashes has fallen out and new lashes are growing in.
* Please make sure you have NO makeup or mascara on and do not curl your lashes when you come in for the appointment whether it is for a new full set or a refill..